Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Cue Linus & Lucy

Okay, it's actually Skating by the Vince Guaraldi Trio.  But we have come to that time of year, where the leaves are lightly falling off the trees like snow.  And while this song also reminds me of snow falling, when the leaves start fluttering down off the trees, it's the first time of the year that I start thinking about that song.  Then it sticks in my head until after the New Year.  

  • We never made it to a pumpkin patch this year and I feel like a terrible mother.  Nor did we carve pumpkins.  Eeeeeeeeeek!  I feel like I've ruined their childhood for not keeping up with one of my favorite traditions of Halloween.  But weather and time factored into the demise of my envisioned pumpkin patch trip.  So to negate the awful feeling, I took the kids into our backyard (okay, not really our backyard, we made our way over by the goats, sheep & Mrs. Elderberry) and snapped some photos of them amongst the fall leaves -- our "autumn" photos this year -- not pumpkin photos.  Womp womp.
  • I'm going to be posting updates on both kids tomorrow and Thursday.  I haven't updated on their personalities and development in ages and I feel almost back to our old selves after the move.  And the kids have really been neglected here.
  • I have realized that I put too much on my plate in our move.  Reupholstering my entire living room might have been a little much.  But now that I'm down to one chair, which is naked now and only needs the new material put on, I see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm super excited about the living room -- like pee-my-pants-excited.  Once I complete it, I'll be posting some photos of the new house.  A virtual house tour, if you will.
  • If it's not one project, it's another.  It seems like I also bit off more than I could chew in projects in the recent months.  Fish & Munk's Halloween costumes were completely made by me.  I made Fish's military jacket and hat from scratch, which I'm really proud of.  But those suckers took me a long time to figure out.  And with the furniture that in the living room and our Christmas card outfits, my sewing machine has taken up permanent residence on our kitchen island.  Hopefully in the next two weeks, that sucker will be put away -- at least for the months of Christmas.
  • We are still home owners in Cleveland.  Our house just didn't sell this fall and I'm afraid that we are going to be sitting on it until spring.  Cleveland isn't the greatest place to want to move to in the winter time.  It's been pretty stressful trying to keep up with the two houses and as much as I don't want to let go of our old house (the home that I will always hold in my heart), I'm ready to see it belong to someone else.  Tears well in my eyes as I say that (as I have a hard time letting go of all the memories), but it's time.  New homeowners, come find us!
  • I can't tell you how excited I am to break out the Christmas decorations!  Probably next week if I can get the previously mentioned projected finished.  E is definitely NOT excited about it.  But the kids and I are going to love it!  Especially now that I have a new house to figure out where everything is going to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment