Monday, January 9, 2017

Christmas in the Modern Era

I have finally stopped from all the holiday running -- on January 9th -- almost 17 days after we began.  The reason that the post is titled "in the Modern Era" is because I forgot my big-girl camera and everything that I snapped was taken on my phone.  And while I was cursing and cussing because I had to start deleting songs, apps, and texts from my phone in order to save memory for photos, I am thankful that my phone is decent enough to capture memories.  Unfortunately, Eain's family came late and we only got to spend three hours with them over the holidays.  They stayed at our place while we were in Iowa due to convenience and hopefully we will get to spend more time with them.

One caveat -- this is not our entire December, this is just all the holiday things that we crammed into December (minus the kids receiving their video messages from Santa as I'm sure that no one cares to see our dirty faced kids' faces while they react to a video message that none of you have seen).

This year was our second annual trip to the North Pole Express in New Hope.  Con was so patient waiting for the train (but that's when the patience ended for him).

Finn & I waiting on the train for it to leave the station

These are my kids -- I couldn't get Con to look at me and smile at the same time.  Do what I do all the time -- deal with it.

Finn spying on Mrs. Claus and Santa as they visited with others on the train

Conall had his first holiday program.  See that stud there in the checkered shirt, suspenders, & red pants?  I was so proud of him.  He hasn't had the best response to school (at least to drop offs) and the Halloween parade was a disaster.  E had a meeting and couldn't attend with me, so I expected nothing less than a full blown meltdown.  He was amazing!!!  He waited until the end of all their songs to see me and want to leave his seat (where we took our seat on the floor in front of all the parents bc the director wanted to ensure that the kids get to experience their program even if they were quite ready).

Here are two of Conall's songs.  The second song, he was a sour puss the whole time.  I was furiously trying to shake my imaginary bells to get him to do it while he stared at me.  I found out later that he was mad because Miss Pam gave him a green bell when he wanted a blue one.

Mrs. Claus even made an appearance!

There was tons of things to do after the program.  He got his hand painted with a candy cane.  Like the red nose for the reindeer pokey?

My sweet boy.

Every year, I make ornaments for family out of the kids' thumbprints.  This years turned out great!

Finn's program was amazing as well.  She practiced so hard on her songs.

Here are two of the three songs that she sang.  She really loved that Marshmallow World song.

And guess who stopped by???  The big man himself!

We were lucky enough to have E's parents join us and they got their photos taken with Santa as well.

The week before Christmas, we went to Shady Brook Farms, which is a huge drive through light display.  We all piled in the back of one of our neighbor's truck and had so much fun.

Christmas Eve with the cousins

The annual Christmas Eve in Christmas jammies (who can you guess was mad about her non-colorful jammies?)

Christmas morning with the gifts that Santa brought for them (we had to call him on Christmas Eve and tell him where we were so he knew where to deliver the gifts to).

Lumberjack Con

Serial Killer Finn

These two are only separated by five months and they were intently watching something on the iPad.

They were so intent that they missed Finn dancing like a mad women in front of them.

Papa and all the boys watching sharks

Mimi & Papa's beautiful holiday decor (at least some of it)

When we got back from our long drive, we had the kids open up the gifts that E & I gave them.  We were so excited to give them!

And finally, I took photos of all the holiday cards that we got this year (if you sent us a card, I thank you).  I love getting holiday cards -- it makes my kitchen so festive.


No comments:

Post a Comment