Friday, May 10, 2013

Spring has sprung!

We have officially entered into summer-fever.  The weather is getting warmer and the green-ness is starting to pop out.  But the most fitting is that we have swapped out all of her winter clothes for her cute summer ones.  I have kept all the pants and all the cardigans in her closet for those chilly summer nights.  But everything else has been packed away in the storage bins in our easement.  Going through all those summer clothes made me super excited for hot weather.  She has some doozies in store for you guys!  

I am trying to acclimatize her to the textures of outside underneath her feet.  The poor girl is a total city-slicker, which we are going to HAVE to change.  The photo above was her initial reaction to being placed standing in the grass.  She started to cry, thinking that her toes were going to be touching the grass.  Once she realized that her shoes & socks were there to protect her delicate toes, she was slightly comfortable walking around.

With the warmer weather, we are going on evening walks almost daily.  It all started when a couple of the mom's from the group that I created got together and strolled around one of their neighborhoods.  The next night, we were unpacking groceries from the back of Chappy (our Honda Pilot -- anyone remember Iron Eagle?  Louis Gossett Jr's character was named Col. Charles "Chappy" Sinclair & he was a pilot and my brother and I used to watch that movie over and over again.  But I do have to say that it isn't all love for that movie in our household...)  Anyway, we were unpacking Chappy and Finorah saw her stroller and started frantically pointing at it and blabbering.

Walks are such a good time with her.  I initially used them to try to get her to fall asleep and take a nap as she is boycotting evening naps now.  But that's probably because she is sleeping for two hours at daycare.  So we would walk to lull her to sleep.  But Finn is so excited to be out and looking around that there is NO chance that she is going to sleep.  She is constantly pointing and talking about things that she is seeing in front of her.  Running into other dogs is especially her favorite.

Speaking of two hours naps, she is now sleeping in her crib completely through the night.  She will wake up anywhere between 4:30 -- 7:00.  She gets moved in our bed to finish out another couple of hours until E is ready to get up for work or until she wakes up completely.  And she is very slow to officially wake up.  She will open her eyes, but it will be a good 15-20 minutes before she is wide-eyed and bushy-tailed.  She will lay in bed and stare at the ceiling or her Lambie, slowing waking up for the day.  Last night, she woke up a little after 4am.  She started screaming, which is unusual for her.  So I think that she had a nightmare.  She doesn't usually scream.  And when I brought her into bed with us, she laid there and just looked at me for about 10 minutes, which is unusual -- she usually will close her eyes almost immediately and fall back asleep within a minute.

And if you haven't already guessed, the girl is officially walking now.  She started about a week or so ago.  That's when I called it official, because that's when she walked out into the wide open space of the middle of a room (the kitchen) with nowhere in particular to go.  But she is quite the walker and it's so cute watching her walk with her arms bent and hands up by her shoulders to keep her balance.  Watching her waddle around, it's so hard to believe that just a year ago she was a teeny little newborn that was only a couple months old.

Time is going by too quickly...

No comments:

Post a Comment