Monday, July 22, 2013

A (CRAZY) Week in the Life (v.12.4)

We had a rough week all around.  We started out the week with Finorah waking from 2am to 4am on both Monday & Tuesday with some severe teething.  She was so exhausted from not sleeping, she fell asleep on the floor the following Wednesday.

Tired girl

Someone is exhausted (well, actually two people, me included).

It's awesome because now that she can understand what I'm asking of her -- I can get lazy.  I asked her to go throw her diaper away.  Look what I found an hour or so later.  Smart girl...


E left for a week long conference on Friday.  This is the lady sleeping peacefully before Mama's chaos ensued.

She honestly fell asleep like this and she slept through the entire storm.


There is a longer version of the story, but the abridged version is a big storm rolled through ALL Friday night into Saturday.  It was moving due east and the storm line was directly over top of us.  I woke at 4:30am to six inches of water in my basement.

No, people, we don't have shiny carpets.  That's standing water.

Six inches covered the entire basement.  And the only one to deal with it was me.

An example of all the silt that was also on the carpet that you just couldn't see.


Saturday morning, while I was trying to do what I could with the insurance company, someone sat by herself and read.

Even Bishop was tired by Saturday evening from all the excitement.

With nothing on television, we were streaming videos online.  She was so tired that she fell asleep in her bouncy chair.

As I was flipping through the photos this morning, I found this one.  She must have taken a photo of herself over the weekend when I gave her my phone to play with.  I laughed when I saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment