Monday, July 1, 2013

Super Slide


Sorry for the lack of iPhone photos (not sure that anyone missed those, although some might miss the videos).  Currently, phone photos are one of the furthest things from my mind.  It seems that life can be a tornado.  Sometimes it picks you up in the swirling and whirling that is day-to-day life and before you know it, each day is 8:30pm.  You can chose one of two things...


Either you can get out of bed and continue with your day, doing household chores, returning phone calls from  earlier in the week, read a book.  Or you can continue to lay next to the tiny (but not has teeny as it used to be) body, listening to her light rise and fall of breath, watching her eyelashes flutter and wonder what she is dreaming about.  99.9% of the time, I choose her.  And before I know it, I've fallen asleep as well and E comes in to move her to the crib and slide into bed around 11pm. By that point, there is no waking  (although E has tried to have conversations with me at that point, which I don't remember anything of the following morning).  And then the next thing I know, it's morning and the cycle continues.  Life, tornado, peaceful ending and repeat...


I've been enjoying Finorah immensely lately.  Despite our now ever present tantrum that happens when she can't stay outside or doesn't get that Popsicle that she is standing at the base of the refrigerator pointing skyward for, she is a hoot to hang out with.  She has developed her favorite books.  She is starting to mimic words that you say to her.  And the girl definitely has opinions and an independent streak.  Trying to break her death grip on her toothbrush long enough for me to get a couple of swipes on her teeth myself along with the squawks of protest that come out of her mouth -- almost painful.  But it's still so amazing to see her growing into such a little girl.

We recently went to a local church festival and E wanted her to ride the kiddie rides terribly.  But she was too small for everything.  Except the super slide, which he decided to take her down himself along with our neighbor, Annie.  As you can see, she wasn't as impressed as we had hoped she would be.  Once she hit the end of the slide, she immediately jumped up and ran as fast as her chubby little legs would go directly to me, as if to say "Get me out of here!"











The blog will go a little quiet until mid next week.  We are leaving tomorrow evening for Ireland and returning  stateside on Monday evening.  E's family is having a mini- family reunion over there, which he is so excited about.  With my fear of flying and the anxiety of traveling in an airplane with a 16 month old for over 8 hours (an hour & half to Philly and than 6.5 hours to Shannon) and not having our assigned seats anywhere near each other, I'll just be over-the-moon when my feet touch Irish soil.


No comments:

Post a Comment