Monday, April 16, 2012

Hallelujah!

If I could attach a soundtrack to this post, it would Handel's Messiah...  So go ahead and click on the link in another tab because the clouds have parted and the angels started singing in the Murphy household...

Yesterday, Finn was able to spend a total of almost 3-4 hours not being held and being happy!!!!!  Stop for a moment and listen to the angels sing...  It sounds so melodious.

This new revelation was made possible courtesy of our Mamaroo...  THANK YOU, Mamaroo!!!!

The amazing Mamaroo

The Mamaroo is a motorized swing that supposedly moves more the way that you do when you bounce your baby, as opposed to conventional swings.  There are five different motions (directions it will move in, such as car-ride, kanagroo, tree swing, rock-a-bye, and ocean wave) which you can vary the speed on.  It also has five built-in nature soundtracks (running water, crickets, ocean waves, etc...).  You can also hook your iPod directly into it to play your favorite tunes for baby!

 
Finn isn't the keenest on her traditional swing.  I try it almost daily.  I can get about 5-10 minutes of her before she starts fussing, 15-20 if I run the vacuum in the same room as her.  So yesterday, I brought down the Mamaroo, figuring I might as well try everything (which I do on a daily basis -- we also tried her Bumbo seat -- not the biggest fan yet).  


Amazingly, it worked!  I put her on the car-ride setting, which is a up-and-down figure eight.  And I put on the ocean waves.  The girl was set!  She was quietly alert and looking around.  I could leave her line of vision without her having a panic attack, which is what usually happens.  

  In the matter of about 15 minutes, we went from this...

To this...

My friend, SaraBeth, stopped over so I could get some sewing done.  I am trying to sew up new outside cushions for our patio furniture.  Progress was made as I was able to get all the pillows sewn.  Now to tackle the seat cushions...  But SaraBeth started to read to her and the results were pretty amazing...

Seriously, does the cow really say that?

Aren't those pigs funny lookin' things...

 The girl was totally digging the book about farms.  Of course, she was!  She's got some Iowa blood running through her!  But it was amazing to see her follow the pictures and acknowledge SaraBeth's words as she read through the book.  The girl is getting way to big for her Mama to grasp...

I also took some time yetserday to bring the pets into the action.  I used to take hundreds of photos of my furry kids.  I think they started becoming depressed with the black box NOT being aimed their way...


Bishop was never one to actually like the camera.  She got one too many flashes in her face and turns her head every time the little black box is aimed at her.


Lucy is a new addition.  She is only six months old, but is a big lover of Finn all ready.  She will come up and lay next to her on my lap and purr and purr...


Munk has sadly acknowledged that this little human isn't going away.  And even though she is taking a lot of my time and attention away from him, he still begrudgingly gives Finn kisses if we ask him nicely.


Norm is the other new addition.  He is Lucy's brother, making him six months as well.  But he is a MONSTER.  He is bigger than Stella, my other cat (who is 9 and refused to have her photo taken yesterday).  But he is as gentle with Finn as Lucy.  In fact, he is a favorite pillow of Finn's.  Okay, okay, he is a favorite pillow of mine to put Finn's head on.

No comments:

Post a Comment