Tuesday, April 10, 2012

You talkin' to me?



She has also started trying to have conversations with me!  It's the cutest thing.  I will sit with her and start talking to her.  Her mouth will start opening and closing and it really looks like she is straining to make her vocal chords work with her.  Sometimes little sounds (or big sounds) will come out and I'll respond to those and the dance repeats.  For someone who doesn't speak my language, her and I can have the most amazing talks.

"You talkin' to me?  Are YOU talkin' to me?"

"I see what you are trying to do there."

"Maybe if I open my mouth wide enough, sound will come out..."

"Ahhhh!"

 "That was pretty fun!  Let's do it again!"

Finn has also gotten her first cold.  And let me tell you, baby boogers are not cuter than adult boogers.  She doesn't mind the Blue Sucker From Hell (the booger bulb).  It does scare her sometimes if I don't prepare her for the suction.  Most of the time, I have a hell of a time sticking that thing in her nose.  For one, her nose is pretty damn teeny and the booger bulb isn't that small.  And for two, she is a mover and a shaker right now.  The girl won't stop kicking and swinging her arms, causing her head to move as well, which results in a possible stab or two in the eye with the booger bulb (I kid -- but it does cause near fatalities with the way that she swings her head).  The cold doesn't appear to stop her, so I just have a snotty kid right now.  Doesn't bother me.

She also is starting to developing a "witching hour" or three.  The girl doesn't like to nap during the day -- so afraid that she will miss something.  I can get her to go down for little cat naps, 5-15 minutes.  If I hold her, I can get 30-60 minutes out of her.  AND if she doesn't nap very well during the day -- it leads to Finn the Frightful in the early evening.  

We had such an evening last night.  She started fussing at about 6pm.  I fed her and she continued to fuss, which turned into crying, which turned into screaming.  I decided at 8:15pm that it was bath time, which she usually loves.  It all started out wonderful, but ended up with the fits.  It only ended at 9pm when I snuggled in bed with her and fed her.

Being that she will only nap past 15 minutes if I hold her, it leads to a very messy house.  When you have five hairy monsters running around the house and the warmer weather coming up, it leads to quite a bit of shed.  Now, I knew that my house was going to be messier as being a mom was going to take up most of my time.  I just didn't realize how much it was going to bother me that I lived in a mess(ier) house.  Now most people might not think that my house is a disaster because it doesn't look dirty -- just more cluttered as I'm pretty good at keeping up with the floors.  But it appears that I'm a really neat person and I just didn't know it because clutter bothers the shit out of me.  You learn something new about yourself every day!

In better news, we are back to breastfeeding au natural again!  Yeah!!!  So much easier now that we aren't using the shield.  But I have a question -- within the last week or so, she has begun to nurse and then about 10 minutes in, she will unlatch and then latch back on furiously.  This will continue for 5-10 minutes if I stay on that breast.  Is that her way of telling me that she is finished with that side?  I don't want to take her off of that side if she isn't finished because then she would miss out on the hind milk.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment