Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Big Fish


When did this kid get so big?  Honestly, I feel like I turned my back on him for a minute or two and when I turned back around, he got so big.  Not fair.  Last week, we did a little photoshoot with him (reminiscent of the one that we did with Finn at the exact same age).  As he is getting older, he definitely doesn't look like Finn, but in looking at the photos, there is quite the family resemblance there.  No one can mistake that they are brother and sister.


And I will admit that I put up quite a few photos for this post.  But sometimes, this little dude gets quite the photographic shaft.  He is still at the age where he doesn't really do anything, especially when we go places.  He hangs out in his car seat and sleeps.  And while I do take those photos as well, Finn gets 15 photos of her doing cute things and he gets one.  Times will be a'changin' soon though.  The lunker is starting to get too heavy to be carried around in his infant car seat.  I think the requirements of the infant car seat are 30 pounds or 32 inches.  I don't know how a baby that weighs 30 pounds would fit in that car seat!  I'm beginning to have issues carrying him around and he only weighs a little over 20 pounds.  I think we might be topping the 32 inches restriction before the weight.  We have our six month well-check next week -- we'll find out then.


Another admission -- I did NOTHING special to his eyes in these black & white photos.  There was no editing to the color of his eyes.  Yes, you can't see the color of his eyes in these photos, but you can see the dark ring and the light centers?  Yeah, didn't edit that at all!  I showed E the photos and he said that his eyes look weird.  I'll admit that it looks like I over-processed them -- but those suckers are all naturale.  It just happened to be great lighting with the right angle to illuminate those baby blues.




And while this post is all about Fish, I don't want to do too much of an update on him as he has a 28-week update coming up this weekend.  Again, where did the time go?  He is such a big boy now.  A big boy that looks a whole lot like his daddy. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment