Thursday, May 17, 2012

Settling in...

For the record, the high pitched noise right before her sneezing is her.
You can see that she startled herself.

So I have finished my first unofficial work week -- I started working in the middle of the week and considered Wednesday the unofficial first work week.  To say that it's hard to return to work is an understatement.  Everyone has told me that it will get easier, but I just don't see how that is possible.  I'm sure there are going to be days that I'm going to be glad to go to work, i.e. Finn is taking after her daddy and being a complete bear (jk, Murphy -- love you anyways!).  But my main reasons for being sad about going to work aren't going to go away.

I don't want her to grow AT ALL while I'm at work.  I don't want her to reach any milestone of any sort without me being there to witness it first.  I personally don't think that I'm going to be a helicopter mama.  It's just that the first time is always the most special time.  She just has to do it once for me and then she can do it a million times for everyone else without me there.

And I'm also not very happy with my work schedule.  I leave the house in the morning at 7:15am and don't get home until 5:45pm.  I waste an hour and half each day commuting back and forth the 14 miles between main campus and my home because my work day is 8-5, which is the majority of the employees at both the Cleveland Clinic and also University Hospitals, which means heavy traffic.

But despite my loathing work each morning, we are settling into a routine and I'm trying to enjoy every moment home with her.  In fact, I'm even considering starting up my exercise routine!  I have 10 pounds left until I'm at my fightin' weight and I'm determined to NOT let it take the 9 months that everyone says that it takes to lose the baby weight.

And being that we have settled into a routine, I'm able to now get the camera out again.  I hadn't taken photos of her in about 4-5 days.  I took her 12 week photos on Thursday and didn't get the camera out again until yesterday morning.  But I'm sure that she didn't mind the reprieve in "the little black box" as I like to call my camera and my phone.  She could be laughing hysterically, but the minute that "little black box" goes up, her smile goes down.  Lady better get used to it, because it isn't going away... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment